Composed by Shrila Bhaktivinod Thakura
(shri krishna chaitanya prabhu nityananda
shri advaita gadadhara shrivasadi gour bhakta vrinda)
shri krishna chaitanya prabhu jive daya kari / sva parshada sviya dhama saha avatari (1)
atyanta durlabha prema karibare dana / shikhaya sharanagati bhakatera prana (2)
dainya, atma nivedana, goptritve varana / avasya rakshibe krishna vishvasa palana (3)
bhakti anukula matra karyera svikara / bhakti pratikula bhava varjanangikara (4)
sad anga sharanagati haibe jahara / tahara prarthana shune shri nanda kumara (5)
rupa sanatana pade duhu trina kari / bhakativinoda pade duhu pada dhari (6)
kandiya kandiya bole ami to adhama shikaye sharanagati kara he uttama (7)
(1) Shri Krishna Chaitanya Prabhu, being merciful to all the living beings, descended with His own divine abode and personal associates.
(2) To bestow freely that rarest treasure of divine love, prema bhakti, He taught sharanagati, unconditional surrender, the life and soul of devotees.
(3) 1. Humility, 2. self-dedication, 3. accepting Him as one´s only maintainer and guardian, 4. having complete conviction that Krishna will surely protect us;
(4) 5. Accepting things favorable for devotional service, and 6. rejecting the unfavorable;
(5) The prayers of one who submits unconditionally to this sixfold surrender are heard by Shri Nanda Kumara.
(6) With a straw in his teeth Bhaktivinoda prostrates before Shri Rupa and Sanatana Goswamis, embracing the lotus feet of both.
(7) Lamenting he cries out: “I am low and fallen! Teach me unconditional surrender and make me a first-class devotee!”
a as in ‘about,’ e as in ‘eddie,’ i as in ‘see,’ o as in ‘yoga,’ u as in ‘food,’ ai as in ‘bye,’ au as in ‘how’